I am now offering online English speaking lessons
I am have time to teach four or five people a week online or by phone. I offer three kinds of lessons for you:
1. English conversation practice. These lessons are for those who need to improve their English speaking. Maybe you need to speak better for your job or for your classes, or because you will study or travel abroad. You tell me what your needs are and I'll help you to improve. Ages 15 and older, please. One session is 40 minutes. You can have one or two 40-minute sessions at a time, or one or two or three sessions a week. Cost is U.S. $15 for 40 minutes (China: 100 RMB). For more information or to arrange for a lesson, contact me at email@example.com.
2. IELTS speaking exam preparation. I was trained as an IELTS speaking exam examiner in Guangzhou, China and worked for IELTS as an examiner in Nanning, China for one year. I wish I could have worked longer, but the rules changed and we had to choose between working for IELTS or for a university. I chose teaching! I enjoyed being an examiner on the weekends, but I love teaching more. I can help you prepare for your IELTS speaking exam. I have given private lessons in my apartment in Nanning many times to students who are now studying in England and Australia. Class sessions are 40 minutes at a time. You can have one, two or even three 40-minute sessions at one time, and can have two or more classes a week. The price for these classes is higher than for conversation classes because of my IELTS training and experience. Cost is U.S. $20 for 40 minutes (China: 130 RMB). For more information or to arrange for a lesson, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You might wonder why I have 40-minute sessions. It's because for the last eight years I have been teaching at universities where the class time is 40 minutes, and I am used to that amount of time! I also think it's a good length because at the end you are thinking, "Wow, I wish my lesson was longer", not, "Wow, that lesson was so long!" When I give private lessons in my apartment they are for 40 minutes. And when I started Chinese lessons with my new Chinese teacher, I asked her to teach me for 40 minutes. That number works for me!
3. IELTS speaking evaluation. This is a one-time only session where I listen to you take a practice IELTS speaking exam. I will give you a score and tell you what you need to do to improve. This is for those who only want to know what their band level is and how they can improve. Cost is U.S. $30 for 60 minutes (China: 200 RMB). For more information or to arrange for a lesson, contact me at email@example.com
I accept PayPal payments for those who are outside of China. Payment should be made before a lesson. For PayPal you will enter my email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the "send to" section of the form. If you are unable to use PayPal you can make a money transfer through Western Union. If you are in China you can make a direct transfer to my Bank of China account or pay by WeChat. You can find me on WeChat by searching for my name or my phone number: 15277019457.
If you think you want a lot of lessons, I suggest that you try one or two lessons at first. If you know that you want to continue with me, I will give you a 10% discount if you pay for five or more 40-minute sessions in advance.
I suggest that we have our lessons using Skype.com. If you are not able to use Skype, I could call from my Skype account to your phone number. For those in China we can use Skype, WeChat or our phones.
I live in China, so keep that in mind when you think about what time you want your lessons.
Current online students:
1. Lucia in Beijing, China, my former student from ten years ago! She wants to improve her speaking and listening for work.
2. Virginia in Yantai, China. She is preparing for the IELTS exam. She wants to study in Malaysia next year.
3. Masahiro in Japan. He wants to improve his spoken English so that he sounds more like a native speaker.
Former online students:
1. Jean-Claude, a doctor from Rwanda, now studying for a master's degree in Australia. He wanted to improve his pronunciation and intonation so that the Australians could understand him better.
2. Olivia in Guilin, China. She was preparing for an interview in English that would determine if she would be sent abroad to work by her company. We spent most of our time working on vocabulary in her field.