I am now offering online English speaking lessons
I am starting a part-time business teaching English online or by phone. I offer three kinds of lessons for you:
1. English conversation practice. These lessons are for those who need to improve their English speaking. Maybe you need to speak better for your job or for your classes, or because you will study or travel abroad. You tell me what your needs are and I'll help you to improve. Ages 15 and older, please. One session is 40 minutes. You can have one or two 40-minute sessions at a time, or one or two or three sessions a week. Cost is U.S. $15 for 40 minutes (China: 100 RMB). For more information or to arrange for a lesson, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. IELTS speaking exam preparation. I was trained as an IELTS speaking exam examiner in Guangzhou, China and worked for IELTS as an examiner in Nanning, China for one year. I wish I could have worked longer, but the rules changed and we had to choose between working for IELTS or for a university. I chose teaching! I enjoyed being an examiner on the weekends, but I love teaching more. I can help you prepare for your IELTS speaking exam. I have given private lessons in my apartment in Nanning many times to students who are now studying in England and Australia. Class sessions are 40 minutes at a time. You can have one, two or even three 40-minute sessions at one time, and can have two or more classes a week. The price for these classes is higher than for conversation classes because of my IELTS training and experience. Cost is U.S. $20 for 40 minutes (China: 130 RMB). For more information or to arrange for a lesson, contact me at email@example.com
You might wonder why I have 40-minute sessions. It's because for the last eight years I have been teaching at universities where the class time is 40 minutes, and I am used to that amount of time! I also think it's a good length because at the end you are thinking, "Wow, I wish my lesson was longer", not, "Wow, that lesson was so long!" When I give private lessons in my apartment they are for 40 minutes. And when I started Chinese lessons with my new Chinese teacher, I asked her to teach me for 40 minutes. That number works for me!
3. IELTS speaking evaluation. This is a one-time only session where I listen to you take a practice IELTS speaking exam. I will give you a score and tell you what you need to do to improve. This is for those who only want to know what their band level is and how they can improve. Cost is U.S. $30 for 60 minutes (China: 200 RMB). For more information or to arrange for a lesson, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I accept PayPal payments for those who are outside of China. You don't need to pay in U.S. dollars, of course, but the same amount in your currency. Payment should be made before a lesson. For PayPal you will enter my email address email@example.com in the "send to" section of the form. If you are unable to use PayPal you can make a money transfer through Western Union. If you are in China you can make a direct transfer to my Bank of China account or pay by WeChat. You can find me on WeChat by searching for my name or my phone number: 15277019457.
If you think you want a lot of lessons, I suggest that you try one or two lessons at first. If you know that you want to continue with me, I will give you a 10% discount if you pay for five or more 40-minute sessions in advance.
I suggest that we have our lessons using Skype.com. If you are not able to use Skype, I could call from my Skype account to your phone number. For those in China we can use Skype, WeChat or our phones.
I live in China, so keep that in mind when you think about what time you want your lessons. I have time most evenings and some afternoons. From September to January I will be teaching at my university. I have time for about 15 sessions a week of online/phone lessons. I am free Wednesday mornings; Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons; most evenings; and on the weekend.
1. Lucia from China, my former student from ten years ago! She wants to improve her speaking and listening for work.
2. Jean-Claude, a doctor from Rwanda, now studying for a master's degree in Australia. He needs to improve his pronunciation and intonation.
3. Olivia from China. She is preparing for an interview in English that will determine if she will be sent abroad to work by her company. We are spending most of our time working on vocabulary in her field.
One more thing: I don't want to teach children or writing. However, I have an American friend at my university in China who is a writing teacher. She also has experience teaching children. If you want lessons for children under the age of 15, or to prepare for the IELTS writing exam, write to me and I'll help you get in contact with Sandy.
By the way, if you want to listen to my podcasts, you can listen by clicking "Podcasts" at the top of the page, or searching for "Ten Questions ESL Podcast" on iTunes or your phone's podcast app. I also have a YouTube channel called "Miss Buswell".
If you can't watch the video above, here is the text. You can also see some of the pictures on my "About" page.
Hi, I'm Nancy Buswell. I've been teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) in China for 17 years. I have also lived in Mexico and Austria. I like rabbits, bikes, and hosting travelers from couchsurfing.org and warmshowers.org. I teach at a university in Nanning, China and once or twice a year I go home to the U.S. to visit my mother. And her cats. I have a podcast called "The Ten Questions ESL Podcast". Click on "Podcasts" above to listen to some episodes. I also have a YouTube channel and am working on ebooks and courses to help you improve your English. Join my email list on the right side of the page to get occasional updates from me. Thanks for visiting my website and I hope you have a good day.